Young SDH comprises a pool of young percussionists and composers, many of whom are still students, who are given the opportunity to gain stage and development experience under the SDH umbrella.
Coached by SDH percussionists, Young SDH realise a series of informally presented concerts as part of KOnStrukt, giving the young artists the opportunity to share new ideas. KOnStrukt is organised in cooperation with the Royal Conservatoire in The Hague and Korzo Theater.
Contributions to concerts
In addition to KOnStrukt, Young SDH contributes to regular SDH concerts and projects, recent examples of which include:
- the programmes 'Double Music' and 'Lost and Found'
- a production of John Luther Adams' 'Inuksuit' - festival 'Together Now' (The Hague)
Last but not least, Young SDH creates its own productions under the SDH flag, such as:
- the installation 'About Circles, my soul and A-Coustic' by Barbara van Loon (Westergasfabriek/Amsterdam) (2012)
- Amsterdam Museum Night Opening (2013)
- the production 'Zeehelden' (2014-2015) - concept & choreography: Andreas Denk
Collaboration with Poetic Disasters Club
With the commencement of the 2014/2015 season and as part of multidisciplinary talent development, Young SDH has regularly collaborated with Poetic Disasters Club, in which Club Guy & Roni coaches its young dancers within the scope of talent development.
DEEL DEZE PAGINA